Good morning fellow crafters! Today I am a guest designer over at The Bug Bytes. Thank you Pam for having me back to share with everyone this hobby that I love so much. Crafting is a such a release in my crazy life.
For this project, I have been wanting a new journal. I am getting close to filling my current one and since we have begun a new year, I wanted to start it off with a new journal. I am not making many resolutions this year, but the few I am making I want to put a lot of effort into. With that said, I made a journal with my Bind It All tool that I acquired several months ago but haven't gotten to use yet.
I used the Graphically Speaking cartridge and my Gypsy to design the cover. I kept it very simple and with the exception of the Stickles drying time, this only took about 30 minutes to make. I used my big Carl cutter, O wire, Bind it All, wire cutters, adhesive, plain white paper, and colored cardstock from Papertrey Ink. Later I added some stickles and glitter for embellishments.
While the cricut was working on the cutting, I punched holes in my cover and in my pages. I need some more practice at this though. I didn't exactly end up with them all lined up correctly.
Also, when it comes to cutting the Papertrey Ink cardstock, because it is thicker, using the multi cut function is a good idea. I also find that this type of cardstock is good for cutting more intricate designs...at least for me, because it doesn't tear as easily. I don't usually have good luck with thinner cardstock or paper when it comes to making detailed cuts.
Once the cuts were done, I put everything together. The cuts I used were all from the Graphically Speaking cartridge. The flower was on the "icon" creative feature and the enjoy life was from the "phrase" creative feature. I cut the "enjoy life" twice in two colors and pieced them together. The background was also from this cartridge. I used my ATG to put adhesive on the background piece and completely covered the holes with adhesive. After sticking the background to the cover, I poured gold glitter over the holes and it stuck to the adhesive.
Next I glued my other elements to the cover.
After everything was assembled, I followed the instructions that came with the Bind It All and bound my book. My O wire didn't exactly come out "O" shaped since I'm not very practiced but hopefully it will get better if I try to make another one. :)
I hope that you enjoyed my project for today. I'm so thankful that Pam has allowed me to share with you all. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!!