September 11, 2011

Welcome Baby Hailey – Simple Layout Sunday

A good friend of mine had a baby about 7 weeks ago and I am working on a scrapbook for her to put pictures of her new little bundle of joy in.  Of course I’m behind and was supposed to be done with this weeks ago, but traveling for my job kind of put a hindrance on that.  So here’s a 2 page layout.  It will be an 8x8 book.
Below are the supplies I used.  The patterned cardstock is from DCWV Safari Kids stack and I also threw in some Kraft cardstock from Papertrey Ink.  I also used my Gypsy (with the Phrases, Straight From the Nest, and Cheerful Seasons Cricut cartridges), designer templates from Kiwi Lane Designs, white StazOn ink, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, adhesive and a stamp from Pink by Design.

DSC_0025
First thing I did was cut out my words.  ‘Welcome’ came from Straight From the Nest, for ‘Hailey’ I used the basic font on the Creative Memories Cheerful Seasons cartridge, and finally I cut a tag from the Phrases cartridge.
DSC_0026
Here are my words with shadows all assembled.
DSC_0027
Next I picked out my background paper and decided to go with the giraffe pattern.  Since all the paper I chose was from the same stack, it all goes together nicely.  I really like the DCWV stacks….what I don’t like about them is how they cut in my Cricut.  I typically have been luck with other brands but I make do since I like the stacks so much.  I then took out my Kiwi Lane Designer Templates and laid out the pattern that I wanted.  I believe I used the Paisley Place set and strips set.
DSC_0028
After that I traced the templates and cut out my pieces from various other patterns I had picked out.  When that was done I took all the pieces and inked the edges with my Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I really like this color for inking and using a sponge dauber gives it a nice, soft, finished look.  It also helps separate the patterns from each other.
DSC_0030
I glued everything down and then worked on the journaling tag.  I inked the edges and then added the stamp ‘You are loved’ in white StazOn ink.  The stamp was from the Pink By Design ‘Our Kids’ stamp set.  I also decided to hide the tag behind one of the photos.    Below is the completed layout.
DSC_0031
The lion on the bottom was already printed on the paper I chose.  Since I have to do a whole book in a short amount of time, I need to keep it simple.  I didn’t add any extra embellishments but I still like how it came out.
DSC_0032 DSC_0033
I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday.  It’s time for me to get back to laundry and cleaning (which take up the majority of my time) :)  Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment